[EXIM] exim-3.0 and convert4r3

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Oggetto: [EXIM] exim-3.0 and convert4r3
Hi!

First, thanks for exim-3.00. Philip has proven once more that exim is
very actively maintained and that he does care about his users wishes.
Good work.

Migration of my smaller site to exim-3.00 worked fine (although I did
not go the recommended way but rather used gnu stow to take care of
the symlinks).

I'd like to reject every connect that comes from a different host. I
did this with the previous version with:

|LOCALHOST = 192.168.130.34:127.0.0.1
|LOCALNET = 192.168.130.0/24
|sender_host_accept = LOCALHOST
|sender_net_accept = LOCALNET

which was rewritten to

|host_reject = "! LOCALHOST : \
|    ! LOCALNET : \
|    *"

and now causes my exim to reject connections from localhost:

|1999-05-17 15:09:19 connection from localhost [127.0.0.1] (mh) refused

I believe this might be caused by 192.168.130.34 sitting in both
LOCALHOST and LOCALNET. How do I specify that everything that doesn't
come from LOCALHOST or LOCALNET to be rejected?

Also, convert4r3 added numerous transport options to some of my
directors. What is that for? I immediately commented them out again
and things didn't break? Adding them automatically might cater for
some esoteric situations, but I don't think it's useful to have that
added by default.

Greetings
Marc