Re: [EXIM] IPs in host lists

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Anand Buddhdev
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] IPs in host lists
On Mon, 17 May 1999, Anand Buddhdev wrote:

> I also thought of trying the new exim-3.00, but there again, although no
> mention of any restriction is made in the manual, it seems not to accept
> lists of IPs in an external file lookup, eg:
>
> host_accept_relay = cdb;/usr/local/exim/dynamic-relays.cdb

Your thought was right, but not far enough. A setting like the above
looks up the host *name* in the file. It does say this in the manual. If
you want to look up a network number, you can do this in 3.00, by
something like

host_accept_relay = net24-cdb;/usr/local/.....

If the incoming caller is 1.2.3.4 (say), then the key that is looked up
is "1.2.3.4/24". If you want to look up just a single IP address, then
the width value should be 32. See 4th bullet point in section 7.16 of
the 3.00 manual (top of page 44 in the printed edition).