Re: [EXIM] exim 3.0 install problem (fwd)

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: James FitzGibbon
CC: Marilyn Davis, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] exim 3.0 install problem (fwd)
On Sun, 16 May 1999, James FitzGibbon wrote:

> * Marilyn Davis (marilyn@???) [990515 15:19]:
> >
> > Can anyone help with this note from my sysadmin?
> >

> > > 1. I create Makefile in Local/ directory.
> > >
> > > 2. I do "make"
> > >
> > > 3.  When I execute "exim", I get:
> > >           spool_directory undefined: cannot proceed

> > > My Makefile has an entry for SPOOL_DIRECTORY ( it points to
> > > /var/spool/exim). Also,
> > > after make/make install there is no directory "exim" created in
> > > /var/spool.
>
> Run 'exim -bP spool_directory' and see what exim believes spool_directory is
> set to.

That error message means that it was not set, or set to an empty string.

> Remember, the spool directory can be given a default at build time,
> but it can be overridden at runtime using the configuration file. If your
> admin hasn't tweaked the configuration file at all, it should be using the
> compile-time default, but you never know.

To check on what was set at build time, that is, to ignore the run-time
configuration file, you can do

exim -C /dev/null -bP spool_directory

If this shows the correct value when the command without the -C doesn't,
then there is some incorrect setting in the runtime configuration file.

> Also, you mention that there is no directory /var/spool/exim. Does this not
> set off little warning bells for your admin ? Not every 'make install' is
> going to create support directories for you.

The make install doesn't create it. However, Exim will try to create
that directory when it runs if it finds it missing.