Re: [EXIM] Pager Gateway

Author: Malcolm Ray
To: Erric Gilbert
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Pager Gateway
>     Hello,
>
> I was looking for a way to send mail to an address and have an alpha pager
> paged with the e-mail.
> I read through the FAQ and Online Docs but didn't see any reference to this.
> I am using Exim 2.12 on HP/UX 10.20

This is easy to do if your pager provider has a TAP service. You'll need
TAP-capable software, of course; we use QuickPage, which is available
from:

http://www.qpage.org/

Then it's simply a matter of setting up an alias like:

annoy-sysadmin: "|/usr/local/bin/qpage -m -p sysadmin"

You can also play tricks with procmail, of course: certain mail sent to
me containing the necessary magic will reach my pager.

--
Malcolm Ray                           University of London Computer Centre