Re: [EXIM] Suggestion/tiny wishlist item

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Microwave Systems Eximlist Exploder, Marc Haber
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Suggestion/tiny wishlist item
On Mon, 10 May 1999, Microwave Systems Eximlist Exploder wrote:

> It would be cool, if in RBL reject log entries, if exim is going to
> include the HELO-name, if is said "helo=" in the log for that, and if
> it could be configured to also do a reverse DNS query for the IP (if it
> hasnt already done so), and include the real hostname as well...

The problem here is that the RBL lookup happens right at the start of
the connection, before the HELO has been received.

> While we're at it, would it be possible to log the HELO string to the
> main log?

Already done. From the spec:

  The H and U fields identify the remote host and record the RFC 1413 identity
  of the user that sent the message, if one was received. The number given in
  square brackets is the IP address of the sending host. If there is just a
  single host name in the H field, as above, it has been verified to correspond
  to the IP address (see the host_lookup_nets option). If the name is in
  parentheses, it was the name quoted by the remote host in the SMTP HELO or
  EHLO command, and has not been verified. If verification yields a different
  name to that given for HELO or EHLO, then the verified name appears first,
  followed by the HELO or EHLO name in parentheses.