Re: [EXIM] Relaying

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Peter Radcliffe
A: Exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Relaying
Microwave Systems Eximlist Exploder <eximlist@???> probably said:
> On Fri, 30 Apr 1999, Steve Lamb wrote:

> > On Thu, 29 Apr 1999 23:18:38 -0400, Peter Radcliffe wrote:
> > >How could you reasonably make a decision about if someone is a valid
> > >user of your relay without listing them all ? If you're listing them
> > >all, use the other options, if you _can't_ list them all for one
> > >reason or another or you're in a limitet situation (as mentioned), the
> > >option is very useful.

> > If you are listed as MX *and* you're listed as NS on the domain with the
> > option of being listed primary. :)

> I've always thought something like this might be useful.. Allow a
> specification of nameservers that can be listed as the NS for us to

The problem with that, and partly my point, is everyone would have a
slightly different specification of "a valid user of your relay" and
adding code for them would be bloat and a neverending task.

Not looking at the specific MX option (which was the first step down
that road IMO), but instead looking at a more generalised relay lookup
(perhaps via perl, whatever) so people can write the "if the domain is
served by _this_ nameserver, has the letters 'q' and 'r' in it, and
its Wednesday, allow them to relay" if they really want to ...

P.

--
pir               pir@???      pir@???      pir@???