Re: [EXIM] Checking recipient *before* actualy send the me…

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Ray Vermey
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Checking recipient *before* actualy send the message ?

ray@??? said:
> my question is if there is a way that you can check the existense of a
> person you want to send mail to *before* you actualy send the message
> and then i mean a person outside your own domain, a "stranger" so to
> speak.

Effectively no.
In theory the SMTP VRFY can be used to do this, but most sites disabled
these and many of the others lie in their responses. Even if an
address is valid that doesn't mean a delivery to it will be sucessful.

The most effective method is to phone the recipient before hand :-)

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]