Re: [EXIM] qualifying domain names

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Vadim Vygonets
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] qualifying domain names
On Wed, 28 Apr 1999, Vadim Vygonets wrote:

> Quoth Phil Chambers on Wed, Apr 28, 1999:
> > Can I make exim qualify a bare domain name before it scans local_domains to
> > determin if an address is local? We have systems which I want to treat as local
> > with names such as "dcs.ex.ac.uk" and at present users can address a user using
> > "fred@dcs", "fred@???", "fred@???" or the full form (mainly the first and
> > last).
>
> You need to create explicit re-writing rules (as we did for "@cs"
> -> "@cs.huji.ac.il").

Alternatively, if your DNS resolver is configured to expand
incomplete domains (see qualify_single and search_parents) or you have
set widen_domains in the lookuphost router, the router might be capable
of discovering for itself that an abbreviated domain is really a local
domain when fully expanded. When this happens it passes the domain back
to the directors. Experiment using the -bt option.