Re: [EXIM] Silly question...

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Steve Lamb
CC: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Silly question...
On Wed, 28 Apr 1999, Steve Lamb wrote:

> >receiver_verify
> >local_domains = rejected.domain : <other local domains>
>

> >reject_domains:
> > driver = smartuser
> > domains = rejected.domain
> > verify_only
> > fail_verify
>
>     OK, just to clarify (make sure we're talking the same thing) it is not
> possible to reject mail to, say, no-spam.rpglink.com but accept mail to
> rpglink.com.  It is an all or nothing proposition to the whole rpglink.com
> domain?

It is perfectly possible. Those are two separate domains. You can treat
them entirely separately. Don't be confused into thinking mail domains
are hierarchical in some way. When a configuration item in exim says

domains = no-spam.rpglink.com

it means *precisely* that domain, and no other. Similarly if it said

domains = rpglink.com

it would apply only to that domain, not to no-spam.rpglink.com. If you
want the latter effect you would say

domains = rpglink.com : *.rpglink.com