Re: [EXIM] Failed to open wait-remote_smtp database

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Jan Gottschick
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Failed to open wait-remote_smtp database
On Tue, 27 Apr 1999, Jan Gottschick wrote:

> after upgrading to exim 2.12 from 2.05 I get regulary the following
> error message:
>
> Failed to open wait-remote_smtp database
>
> What's wrong?

Clearly it's failing to open the file, but I can't say why. Oh, how
annoying. I see that the code to print that error omits to print out the
actual error it encountered. I'll fix it in the next release.

You could try removing that database and letting Exim rebuild it.

> PS: Is there a list of all possible error messages, which are generated
> by exim in the logfiles? We control the logfiles with the program
> logsurfer, and it would be nice to have for every message a useful rule.
> So it would be helpful to know, what are the reason for an error
> message.

No, there is no such list. I'm afraid I do not at present have the time
to generate one, but I guess if you grepped the source for all
occurrences of log_write( you would come fairly close.