Re: [EXIM] Indefinately Open SMTP Connections

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: robii
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Indefinately Open SMTP Connections
On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, Robert Brown wrote:

> but they immediately started accumulating again. I disabled the users
> dial in access and kicked him off. I figured this would reset or close
> all his current connections. Wrong! 12 hours later his connections
> still showed as "established" when running netstat. A reset of exim
> killed them.

What operating system? I have in the past on Solaris 2.5 seen stuck
connections that don't time out when the far end goes away. This always
seems to be associated with a dial-in connection. Whenever I have
investigated these, they have always been stuck in the read() function,
trying to read from the socket. Needless to say, all tests I have ever
done have timed out correctly. Adding the SO_KEEPALIVE option to the
socket seems to have helped with this, and also I haven't seen any since
we upgraded to Solaris 2.6.