Re: [EXIM] configure file upsets fetchmail

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Russ Pitman
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] configure file upsets fetchmail
On Tue, 20 Apr 1999, Russ Pitman wrote:

> Hello all:
>    I have attached a file with all the information I think will be
> useful. If you can help any advice would be appreciated as I have tried
> repeatedly various mods.

I'm not quite sure exactly what problem you are asking about. If it is

1999-04-19 15:06:06 10Z6Fy-00020k-00 **
|IFS=' ' && exec /usr/bin/procmail -f- || exit 75 #rjpp <rjpp@???>
D=userforward T=address_pipe: "IFS='" command not found for
address_pipe transport

then that is because Exim doesn't run pipes under a shell (by default),
for better security and less resource use. See the comments about
procmail in section 18.5.

If your problem is

1999-04-19 15:43:11 refused relay (host accept) to <nobody@www.linuxberg.com>
from <FETCHMAIL-DAEMON@localhost> H=localhost [127.0.0.1] (root)

and you want this mail to be passed through exim, then you need to add
localhost to sender_host_accept_relay. See the chapter on message
relaying.