Re: [EXIM] clarification on use of LMTP

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: James FitzGibbon
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: Stuart Lynne, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] clarification on use of LMTP
* Philip Hazel (ph10@???) [990420 05:01]:

> However, it seems to me that it would be useful for a number of reasons
> to have support for "LMTP-over-pipe". For one thing, it is probably
> cheaper than running a TCP/IP stack just to communicate between two
> processes on the same host. Also, the receiving process has to implement
> the overhead of checking the incoming TCP/IP call -- often the only host
> it should accept from is the local host.

And for the same reasons, it might be useful to have "LMTP over AF_LOCAL
sockets". Cheaper than sockets and (depending on how to kernel implements
pipes) about the same speed as a pipe. Of course, this would only be of use
if the transport was broken out into it's own module.

--
j.

James FitzGibbon (JF647)                                        james@???
EHLO Solutions                                       Voice/Fax +1 416 410-0100