Re: SOLVED -- Re: [EXIM] (un)blocking dynamic IP addresses […

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Philip Hazel
To: david sims
CC: Jeffrey Goldberg, exim-users@exim.org
題目: Re: SOLVED -- Re: [EXIM] (un)blocking dynamic IP addresses [Was: A way to do this?]
On Mon, 19 Apr 1999, david sims wrote:

> woohoo! it's working! I finally figured out that I had to make two
> changes in config.h.defaults:
>
> #define DELIVER_IN_BUFFER_SIZE 512 /* was set to 8192 */
> #define DELIVER_OUT_BUFFER_SIZE 512 /* was set to 8192 */
>
> Then I recompiled, and my mail started going out to mail.earthlink.net
> again.

My goodness. That seems extremely odd. The first of those specifies the
size of the buffer Exim uses to read the message off its spool. I can't
believe that can have any effect. The second is the size of buffer it
uses when actually write()-ing the message down the TCP/IP connection. I
guess that could affect the size of packet used. Maybe with large
buffers it is splitting up into multiple packets and the other end isn't
handling these right? As far as I know, nobody else has ever reported a
problem with the default settings.

> I haven't tested for the largest value my system can take, but 512
> definitely works.

Suggest you do some experiments!