Re: [EXIM] (un)blocking dynamic IP addresses [Was: A way to …

Inizio della pagina
Autore: J.D. Falk
To: Exim-users list
Oggetto: Re: [EXIM] (un)blocking dynamic IP addresses [Was: A way to do t
On 04/19/99, Peter Radcliffe <pir@???> wrote:

> Ben Smithurst <ben@???> probably said:
> > my dialup account or any other machine I may have access to. Blocking
> > *all* dialup users just because some of them send UBE is too ridiculous
>
> "I drive safely, why should all drivers have to take a driving test just
> because some don't drive safely ?"
>
> This is the _exim_ list, not the ISP mailing policy list. Take it
> somewhere, else please.

    If it was an ISP policy list, I'd point out that ISP's make
    their own damned policies and if you don't like it then you
    can find another ISP.

    I'd also point out that folks on exim-users are much much
    more clueful than the vast majority of dialup users, and we
    expect more from our ISP than any of them do.

    If anybody would be interested in discussing that further, I
    can point you towards a few other lists.

  |         "You mean, we can have archaic and edit, too?"               |
  |                            -- Paul S. Sawyer <paul@???>          |

----========== http://www.cybernothing.org/jdfalk/home.html ==========----