Re: [EXIM] (un)blocking dynamic IP addresses [Was: A way to …

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
A: Pollywog
Cc: Exim-users list
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] (un)blocking dynamic IP addresses [Was: A way to do t
On Mon, 19 Apr 1999, Pollywog wrote:

> Is there a reference on how to use DSSL?

http://www.imrss.org/dssl/

And here is the relevant bit of my exim configure file.

================
rbl_domains = "rbl.maps.vix.com:dul.maps.vix.com:dssl.imrss.org"
rbl_except_nets = 138.250.0.0/16
rbl_reject_recipients = yes

recipients_reject_except =postmaster@???:abuse@???:mailmaster@???

prohibition_message = "See http://www.cranfield.ac.uk/ccc/email/siteblocking.html"
================

Let me also say that given the recent discussion about whether
blocking dynamically assigned IP addresses for SMTP traffic is a good
thing or a bad thing, I can say that the email/network team are engaged in
discussion of the policy. Our policy will remain in place during that
discussion, and early indicuations suggest that the policy will continue,
but everything that has been said on the matter on this list has been
read by me and my immediate boss (also on this list).

For those who can't actually reach me (David, now I know why you didn't
respond to my test), you can mail
postmaster@???
since mail there is read by the same people who are reading the exim list,
and that address is not blocked.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814