Re: [EXIM] Force root?

Author: eximlist
To: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Force root?

On Mon, 19 Apr 1999, Dr Andrew C Aitchison wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Apr 1999 eximlist@??? wrote:
> > How can I force a file lookup in a directory to be done with root
> > permissions? I'm looking data up in a file in a users home directory, and
> > there is no guarantee that the home dir will be world readable (or
> > readable by the exim user).
> >         ...        ...        ...
> > I want to force the exists check in the condition in virtualdfl, and the
> > require_files and the aliasfile lsearch in virtualmap, to be done with
> > root permission to prevent a non-world-readable home dir from mucking it
> > up.

> Could you do it as the user instead of root ?

Ok, how do I specify what user to access files from within a director?
All of the documentation I have found refers to setting up a user for
the _transport_, but nothing mentions how to set what user permissions
to use for a director.

> Root does not neccessarily have permission; consider an NFS exported home
> directory with root squashed.

Perhaps in the more general case. This does not apply to my specific
case..