Re: [EXIM] A way to do this?

Author: Steve Lamb
To: Exim-users
New-Topics: Re: [EXIM] (un)blocking dynamic IP addresses [Was: A way to do this?]
Subject: Re: [EXIM] A way to do this?
On Sun, 18 Apr 1999 06:53:32 +0100 (BST), Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

>On Sat, 17 Apr 1999, Steve Lamb wrote:
> (2) Use something like ssh tunnelling. If you open up an SSH session

    Jeez, completely forgot about this one.

>Despite all that advice, I don't see why you just don't relay off of your
>ISPs mailhub.

    Because I have my own so I can govern the rules surrounding it.  It seems
silly for me to have my own domain and then use an ISPs mail server.

>I applaud the practice of those ISPs that capture port 25 traffic and force >it through their mail hubs.

    That is utterly deplorable.  People who run legit mail servers of their
own do so for a reason.  All the ISP is doing is increasing the load of their
mail server dramatically for no good reason at all.

- --