Re: [EXIM] Prob Exim virtual_domain

Author: James FitzGibbon
To: h.Lehmann
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Prob Exim virtual_domain
* h.Lehmann (launoc@???) [990414 13:55]:

> I have a problem with Mails send to multiple virtual_domains.
>
> When i send a Mail to 1 virtual_domain:
> To: user@???
> Exim work correctly.
>
> But when i send Mails to 2 or more virtual_domains:
> To: user@???
> Cc: user@???
> or
> To: user@???,user@???
> then i'm request a follow error:
>
> 1999-04-14 18:08:03 user@???: virtual_smtp transport
> deferred: failed to expand hostlist ${lookup{$domain}dbm
> {/usr/exim/etc/virtual.routes}{$value}fail} in virtual_smtp transport:
> lookup failed and "fail" requested:
> 1999-04-14 18:08:04 user@???: virtual_smtp transport
> deferred: unknown error

> - Is it a Bug or Future?
> - What can i do?

What happens when you send mail to just user@??? ?

Also, if you run test_expand (you might have to build this; it's not build
automatically bu the exim makefile), and feed it this string:

${lookup{sub2.domain.de}dbm{/usr/exim/etc/virtual.routes}{$value}fail}

What do you get ?

(if you don't have test expand, cd into the build-* subdirectory where you
built exim and run 'make test_expand').

--
j.

James FitzGibbon (JF647)                                        james@???
EHLO Solutions                                         Voice/Fax (416)410-0100