Re: [EXIM] smartbounces

Author: James FitzGibbon
To: Leonardo Boselli
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] smartbounces
* Leonardo Boselli (leo@???) [990414 05:34]:

>  any message sent to a non-existent user must be:
>    a) forwarded to a specified user;
>  _AND_
>    b) bounced back to the sender with an explicative text ("You sent
> a message to an user that is not currently active. A copy of
> message is sent to the postmaster so he can try to deliver, but this
> is not warranted" )

Try something like this:

# TRANSPORTS

autoreply_notfound:
    driver = autoreply
    to = $sender_address
    from = mailer-daemon@???
    subject = "that user isn't here anymore"
    text = "You sent a message ..."
    return_message

[rest of your transports here]

# DIRECTORS

[your existing directors here]

local_notfound:
    driver = smartuser
    transport = autoreply_notfound
    unseen
    new_director = local_notfound_copy

local_notfound_copy:
    driver = smartuser
    new_address = postmaster@???

That way any message that isn't picked up by your existing directors will
hit the local_notfound director, which matches everything and queues it for
the autoreply_notfound transport. Because of the 'unseen' and
'new_director' options, it re-directs the message, starting with the
local_notfound_copy director. This director also matches everything, but
changes the recipient address to the postmaster.

I'm not sure if the new_director option is actually required on the
local_notfound director or not. I don't think it will cause problems
though.

--
j.

James FitzGibbon (JF647)                                        james@???
EHLO Solutions                                         Voice/Fax (416)410-0100