Re: [EXIM] Silly Question

Author: James FitzGibbon
To: Paul Mansfield
CC: Ken Reiss, Exim
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Silly Question
> It might also be that the connecting host is really really dumb, and basically
> picks whatever the first MX record it finds in the DNS lookup response.
>
> I've heard that some versions of MS software only handle two MX records anyway,
> can anyone confirm this?

That wouldn't be dumb, it would be non-compliant with the RFCs. I haven't
heard about specific cases of this though. Regardless of who wrote it, it
should be a simple matter of "Here's the RFC. You're not doing it right.
Fix."

--
j.

James FitzGibbon (JF647)                                        james@???
EHLO Solutions                                         Voice/Fax (416)410-0100