Re: [EXIM] exim in Linux-libc5

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Fabian Vasconez
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] exim in Linux-libc5
On Wed, 7 Apr 1999, Fabian Vasconez wrote:

> I was compiled exim in a Linux 3.5 box, without any error messages,
> but wen I send mail, all mail exept local mail, only goes to the queue.

> dbfn_read: key=T:mail3.hotmail.com:216.32.182.252
> Segmentation fault

That looks like it is crashing inside your DBM library. A problem with
Slackware Linux 3.6 DBM libraries was previously reported on this list.
The comment was

"libgdbm is incorrectly installed on Slackware 3.6, which will cause
anyone upgrading to slack 3.6 to have this problem."

The fix is to install a new version of some DBM library and rebuild Exim
using that.