Re: [EXIM] Sender checking

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Steve Sargent
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Sender checking
On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, Steve Sargent wrote:

> Is there a way to access the original senders local_part@host information
> after header rewritting has been done, as I want to check that the username
> on that host is registered and therefore allowed to send mail?

I'm afraid not. There is a related item on the wish list:

  (43) 15-Oct-98  M  Sender rewrite *after* SMTP incoming checks
  Andreas Edler <exim-users@???>

The anti-relaying check happens after the sender has been rewritten; there are
times when it would be helpful to do the check on the original sender, not on
the rewritten one. Quite how to configure this I'm not sure.

Having access to the pre-rewritten sender sounds like a useful facility.
I have noted it.