[EXIM] Opening up exim internally/help?

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Nate Duehr
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: [EXIM] Opening up exim internally/help?
Hi all,

I'm not a mail/sysadmin type, and I'm needing a little help with exim.

We have some internal machines that are NOT in DNS nor in the hosts file on
the exim server that need to be able to send some automated mail messages to
a user on the exim host.

I've been reading and reading through the exim docs and mailing list
archives, but in the "real world", everyone wants to LIMIT what can come
through their systems, not open them up...! (-:

The machine name of the machine trying to relay/send mail to the exim
machine is called jaa, and as you can see by the info below, is on a
non-routable IP for anything outside our company.

I get this in the "mainlog" (and similar message in the reject logs...) file
when trying to send mail to a local user on the exim system.

1999-04-01 16:45:34 unqualified sender rejected: <jaa> H=jaa [10.10.7.200]

How can I tell exim to not do this "qualification" step so the mail will
come in and be processed?

Thanks, from a frustrated app integrator...

-----
Nathan N. Duehr, nduehr@???