Re: [EXIM] A filter for Malissa?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Domi
To: hamster
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] A filter for Malissa?

> Anand Buddhdev wrote....
> > On Wed, Mar 31, 1999 at 02:39:58PM +0100, hamster@??? wrote:
> > > The only problem I see with the above is that it will trap messages
> > > which quote the text in the body (warnings about the spam spring to
> > > mind.) Ideas? Or am I missing the point (entirely possible).
> >
> > The filter checks the subject line *AND* the body. So if that text appears
> > in an innocent email discussing Melissa, it will not cause the filter to
> > bounce it unless the subject line also matches, which is highly unlikely.
>
> Consider the following
>
> --[ possible email from a virus/spam list ]--
> Subject: [WARNING] Important Message From ...
>
> yadda yadda yadda
>
> always contains
> --8<--
> Here is that document you asked for... don't show anyone else
> --8<--
> --[ possible email from a virus/spam list ]--
>

> If my tests are correct then this would be trapped even though it is
> completely innocent.

True, but how many people would write a warning mail with the same subject? Well I could see it being forwarded though. This
is why I didn't want too much automatization and went for logging it into a dedicated melissa log file, then deleting it. You
can use headers of all sorts with the logging, you can even save the first 500 chars(or lines?) of the message with the
variables. You can then *manually* check the logs and if there is something alerting, manually contact the author or reply to
his mail. This was my approach, but then again it might be quite bad for a /big/ mail server.

Kind of paradoxal, but Melissa made me learn quite a bit about Exim.

> >     Mark

> --
> Mark Lowes <hamster@???>            http://hamster.wibble.org/

//Dominique L. Bouix