Re: [EXIM] A filter for Malissa?

Autor: hamster
A: Anand Buddhdev
CC: Exim users mailing list
Assumpte: Re: [EXIM] A filter for Malissa?
Anand Buddhdev wrote....
> On Wed, Mar 31, 1999 at 02:39:58PM +0100, hamster@??? wrote:
> > The only problem I see with the above is that it will trap messages
> > which quote the text in the body (warnings about the spam spring to
> > mind.) Ideas? Or am I missing the point (entirely possible).
>
> The filter checks the subject line *AND* the body. So if that text appears
> in an innocent email discussing Melissa, it will not cause the filter to
> bounce it unless the subject line also matches, which is highly unlikely.

Consider the following

--[ possible email from a virus/spam list ]--
Subject: [WARNING] Important Message From ...

yadda yadda yadda

always contains
--8<--
Here is that document you asked for... don't show anyone else
--8<--
--[ possible email from a virus/spam list ]--

If my tests are correct then this would be trapped even though it is
completely innocent.

    Mark

--
Mark Lowes <hamster@???>            http://hamster.wibble.org/