Re: [EXIM] A filter for Malissa?

Author: Anand Buddhdev
To: hamster
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] A filter for Malissa?
On Wed, Mar 31, 1999 at 02:39:58PM +0100, hamster@??? wrote:

> Ken Bailey wrote....
> > # Melissa:
> > # only works if Melissa is predictible and conformist...
> > #
> > if $header_Subject contains "Important Message From" and
> >    $message_body contains
> >     "Here is that document you asked for... don't show anyone else" then
> >   testprint "Melissa header and body part seen from $sender_address"
> >   freeze text
> >    "Melissa header and body part  seen. \n \
> >     Message may contain Melissa Word Macro Virus\n $message_headers"
> > endif
> > #

> The only problem I see with the above is that it will trap messages
> which quote the text in the body (warnings about the spam spring to
> mind.) Ideas? Or am I missing the point (entirely possible).

The filter checks the subject line *AND* the body. So if that text appears
in an innocent email discussing Melissa, it will not cause the filter to
bounce it unless the subject line also matches, which is highly unlikely.

--
System Administrator
See complete headers for address, homepage and phone numbers