Re: [EXIM] mailman pipe problem

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: J C Lawrence
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: nbecker
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [EXIM] mailman pipe problem
On 30 Mar 1999 12:50:59 -0500
nbecker <nbecker@???> wrote:

> Here's my alias: test: "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post test"

> Here's what happens:

> bash$ exim -bv -v test
> test@??? -> |/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post test
> bash$ exim -v test-admin
> test
> .
> LOG: 0 MAIN
> <= mailman@??? U=mailman P=local S=267
> bash$ Exim version 2.10 debug level 1 uid=98 gid=98
> probably Berkeley DB version 1.8x (native mode)
> delivering message 10S1V5-0001bR-00
> LOG: 0 MAIN PANIC
> Neither the system_aliases director nor the address_pipe transport set a uid for local delivery of |/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner test

> How do I fix this?

The problem is that exim is not changing to the correct UID and GID
before handing off the mail to the mailman wrapper. This is well
documented in the mailman list archives. To have this happen
correctly add the following stanza to your transports:

  mailman_list_pipe:
    driver = pipe
    allow_commands = /home/mailman/mail/wrapper
    user = mailman
    group = mail
    return_fail_output

Then you can add the following to your directors:

  mailman_lists:
    driver = aliasfile
    search_type = lsearch
    file = /home/mailman/data/aliases
    pipe_transport = mailman_list_pipe

which allows you to add all your list aliases to
/home/mailman/data/aliases rahter than /etc/aliases.

--
J C Lawrence                              Internet: claw@???
---------(*)                        Internet: claw@???