Re: [EXIM] failed to find host name from IP address

Author: Jeffrey Goldberg
To: Frank Elsner
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] failed to find host name from IP address
On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, Frank Elsner wrote:

> My "reject" contains lines of the following form (broken for readability):
>
> 1999-03-31 02:00:26 recipient <XXXX@???> refused
>                     from (smtp.163.net) [202.103.129.8]
>                     (failed to find host name from IP address)

> How can I stop exim doing this kind of reverse DNS lookup ?

Look at allow_unknown in the specs. Note that +allow_unknown has to
appear at the begining of a list of blocked hosts on a
(recipient)_hosts_reject to allow connections from those with no PTR
record.

-j
--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814