Re: [EXIM] Forcing EXIM to queue-only incoming messages

Author: James FitzGibbon
To: Kevin J Collins
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Forcing EXIM to queue-only incoming messages
* Kevin J Collins (K.J.Collins@???) [990330 07:40]:

> How can I make Exim (2.12) receive incoming mail, queue it but NOT
> attempt to deliver it?
>
> The reason for this is that I'm going to be migrating a whole load of
> mailboxes over to the Exim system, and I don't want to lose any mail
> during the process.

Temporarily, just kill off your exim daemon and restart it with '-bd -odq'
for arguments. Longer term (via the config file), you'd want to add the
'queue_only' option to the main part of your configuration file.

--
j.

James FitzGibbon (JF647)                                        james@???
EHLO Solutions                                         Voice/Fax (416)410-0100