[EXIM] My absence / Exim status

Author: Philip Hazel
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] My absence / Exim status
For everybody's information:

(1) I am now on vacation until April 9th, and am most unlikely to check
my mail before then.

(2) I have been working on the revision of the domain/host/net/address
list format, as discussed on the list last week. I have been adding
negation, merging host and net lists, removing redundant options, and
adding a masked network lookup facility.

This is going well, and the more I've got into it, the more I think it
is the Right Way To Go. I have deleted greate wodges of code, and lots
of pages will go from the manual in due course. There will some pain in
upgrading to this release when it comes, but I think it will be worth it
in the long run. I will provide a Perl script to convert old
configuration files - I think it should be possible to do that, or at
least most of it.

Since there has to be an incompatible change, I will also remove other
obsolete features before making a release. With luck, there may be a
testing version around the end of April.

Regards,
Philip