Re: [EXIM] -oi problem

Author: Vadim Vygonets
Subject: Re: [EXIM] -oi problem
Sorry, I'm a week behind the list -- been busy.

Quoth Paul Mansfield on Thu, Mar 18, 1999:
> On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, Philip Hazel wrote:
> > Yes, but remember, Exim does not "start up" once and for all. It would
> > have to read this file frequently. For efficiency, the options should be
> > built into the binary - hence specified at build time.
>
> Sure, but if the file didn't exist, it'd be a minuscule loss of CPU to verify
> it not being there.

I think Philip meant that there won't even be a possibility to
read that file.

>             -somedefaultoption1 -somedefaultoption2
>     -remove        -Mrm
>     -forcedelivery    -M
>     -plusmime
>     -bounce        -Mg

> This might even make it easier to replace nasty NT stuff with Exim?
>
> Evil chuckle: what'd be really neat is you could then dump all that horrible
> sendmail compatibility using a default mapping file :-)

Yeah. I can see it now:

    click-on-button-foo    -Mrm
    click-on-button-bar    -M

Vadik.

--
The reader this message encounters not failing to understand is
cursed.