Re: [EXIM] 8bit MIME?

Author: Jeffrey Goldberg
To: Jonas Oberg
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] 8bit MIME?
On 21 Mar 1999, Jonas Oberg wrote:

> It doesn't appear to support 8BITMIME which is bad because then most
> of the messages I receive are delivered in Quoted Printable (Yuck!).
> Is there some way to make exim support 8BITMIME?

accept_8bitmime

    Type:    boolean
    Default: false

    This option causes Exim to send 8BITMIME in its response to an SMTP EHLO
    command, and to accept the BODY= parameter on MAIL FROM commands. However,
    though Exim is 8-bit clean, it is not a protocol converter, and it  takes
    no steps to do anything special with messages received by this route.
    Consequently, this option is turned off by default.

That's in the specs for 2.12. But I'm sure its in there for older
versions as well

-j
--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814