Re: [EXIM] eximstats-html

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Mark Baker
A: Paul Walsh, Tibor Koleszar, mbaker
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] eximstats-html
On Tue, Mar 16, 1999 at 12:10:02PM -0000, Paul Walsh wrote:

> had a look at the code. I presume "hostname -f" on some UNIX variants
> gives the hostname.

Specifically, it gives the fully qualified hostname. Hostname on its own
gives an unqualified name.

> Unfortunately, under Solaris, it has the undesirable effect of setting the
> hostname to -f !

Oh, I can see that would be a problem. I suspect -f only works on linux (or
rather, only with the version of hostname that's normally used on linux).

> I'd suggest modifying line 366 to read:
>
> $hostname = `hostname`;
>
> or maybe
>
> $hostname = `uname -n`;

uname -n also gives the unqualified name. Is there any portable way to get
the FQDN?

    laphroaig:~>hostname
    laphroaig
    laphroaig:~>hostname -f