Re: [EXIM] Negation in domain/host/net/address lists

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Georg von Zezschwitz
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Negation in domain/host/net/address lists

gvz@??? said:
> I don't think the cache should be hold for longer than one
> (non-daemon) process lasts. But within this process the IP-number
> could be cached.

As I remember it there is already a lookup cache so that each search
type and file caches a single key/value. As long as you design your
files right, this would generally hit... although the trouble comes
with address based lookups where the sender and the recipient may be
looked up within them which could blow your cached value.

I did experiment with making a few level cache for a couple of lookup
types long ago.

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]