[EXIM] Negation in domain/host/net/address lists

Author: Philip Hazel
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] Negation in domain/host/net/address lists
The wish list contains a suggestion for a negation operation in lists such as
net lists. I can see the advantages of this, but there are some choices as to
how such a feature would interact with other items in the same list, and with
multiple options such as (accept,reject) pairs would operate. After thinking it
over, I feel that the best approach would be to abolish the pairs and have just
a single option for each thing, to avoid confusion. So, for example, instead of

sender_host_accept
sender_host_reject
sender_host_reject_except

there would just be one option - sender_host_reject say - which could express
all the current controls by using suitable negations.

However, some of you might feel differently about this, so I'm asking for
opinions. So as not to clutter up the list too much, I have put a longer
discussion of this in

http://www.cus.cam.ac.uk/~ph10/listdiscuss

which rabbits on a bit about all of this. Please send me your views.