[EXIM] A question about mixing and matching :)

Author: Andromeda
To: Exim
Subject: [EXIM] A question about mixing and matching :)
Hello,

tis the time of the month where I have to ask a question...

Now, since every system has a "nobody" account under which httpd etc run...
I would like to know how to restrict mail which comes from that account
(i.e. "MAIL FROM: nobody@...") to users on that host only.

Why I am asking this is that RBL, DUL and ORCA test with the nobody@
account, since it is likely to exist, and is not used, and hence can be
included in spam rules. HOWEVER - When I do kill the account in the way
that the username is "blacklisted", my scripts which use mail extensively
do not work anymore.

Perhaps I am using the mail binary wrong, but I would like this to work,
and still be able to severely restrict mail to the many users which are not
supposed to get mail (nobody, ftp, bin etc).

With Regards

Andromeda...
= The Andromeda HTML Workshop - http://www.htmlworkshop.com/ =
=                Home of Search & Replace 98                 =