Re: [EXIM] SEGV

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: larrywyb
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] SEGV
On Mon, 8 Mar 1999 larrywyb@??? wrote:

> So I figured that maybe I got some libraries setup differently in the upgrade
> so I rebuilt exim with the latest version from sources and tried it again and
> got the second chunk of errors below. The rebuild of Exim went without a
> problem. I saved my old configure file which I have been using for about 6 -
> 8 months now and am using it.

<snip>

> 1999-03-08 18:35:40 10K9dY-0002Je-00 SEGV while reading
> "T:mail.amaonline.com:208.245.208.3:10K9dY-0002Je-00"
> from dbm file: record assumed not to exist
> 1999-03-08 18:43:13 10K9dY-0002Je-00 SEGV while reading
> "T:mail.amaonline.com:208.245.208.3:10K9dY-0002Je-00"
> from dbm file: record assumed not to exist

This definitely is caused by some problem with the dbm library. However,
it shouldn't have stopped Exim from actually working, since it caught the
error and is supposed to have ignored it.

What I suggest you do is to delete all of Exim's hints files, i.e.

rm /var/spool/exim/db/*

so that it can rebuild its databases. Maybe your new OS has a different
DBM library with different file formats, and if this is the case, that
would explain why old dbm files are crashing it.

If you still find problems, then have a read of the file
doc/dbm.discuss.txt. This explains, among other things, how to build a
dbm testing program using the Exim source. Then see if that also causes
crashes.

If you still have problems, I suggest you install a private version of
some dbm library and rebuild Exim using that.