Re: [EXIM] address collector info posted to bugtraq

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Peter Gervai
Cc: Tabor J. Wells, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] address collector info posted to bugtraq
On Mon, 8 Mar 1999, Peter Gervai wrote:

> > There is recipients_max and recipients_max_reject.
>
> Does it limit failed RCPT TO:'s as well?

recipients_max

    Type:    integer
    Default: 0

    If this is set greater than zero, it specifies the maximum number of
    recipients for any message. This applies to the original list of recipi-
    ents supplied with the message. SMTP messages get a 421 response for all
    recipients over the limit; earlier recipients are delivered as normal.
    Non-SMTP messages with too many recipients are failed, and no deliveries
    are done.

recipients_max_reject

    Type:    boolean
    Default: false

    If this option is set true, then Exim rejects SMTP messages containing too
    many recipients by giving 552 errors to the surplus RCPT TO commands, and  |
    a 554 error to the eventual DATA command. Otherwise (the default) it gives
    a 452 error to the surplus RCPT TO commands and accepts the message on     |
    behalf of the initial set of recipients. The remote server should then re-
    send the message for the remaining recipients at a later time.

> I have VRFY and EXPN disabled, but this way I don't see failed snooping
> attempts in the logfile. Did I misconfigure something or it does not
> get logged unless I enable them? Would be nice to see snooping attempts.

It does not currently log failed VRFY and EXPN attempts. Obviously I
could make it do so (added to the Wish List).