Re: [EXIM] address collector info posted to bugtraq

Author: Peter Gervai
To: Tabor J. Wells, exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] address collector info posted to bugtraq
On Fri, Mar 05, 1999 at 03:08:02PM -0500, Tabor J. Wells wrote:

> This came through on bugtraq recently. For anyone using virtual domains with
> a default alias (like me) this could be especially problematic.
>
> Ick. Any thoughts on preventing this in any way other than blocking IPs? I'm
> sure they'll move around.

[...]

> There is an "address collector" program that works with a dictionary
> of username appends the domain and uses RCPT TO to collect what it
> thinks are valid email addresses.

[...]

A nice fella notified me that my domain is hardcoded in such a program,
and I checked that it really does that: tries loads of rcpt to:'s.

This made me ask whether there is a limit on max number of RCPT TO: in
one session?

And anyway, could I put a trigger to block the address when someone
repeatedly tries to flood me with invalid rcpt to:'s? (vrfy and expn
is already deactivated.)

bye,
grin