Re: [EXIM] $recepients and pipe

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Tibor Koleszar
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] $recepients and pipe
On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, Tibor Koleszar wrote:

> I want to do that:
>
> <= mail from foo.org with a long $recipients
> == global filtering rewrites the $recipients list (eg get out one of the local users) and gives it back to exim
> => exim deliver mail to others

There is no direct facility in the filter for deleting recipients. All
you can do is override *all* of them.

See second suggestion in my previous posting today about somebody who
wanted to check email and either deliver it or not.

System filter sends mail to pipe, overriding recipients.
Pipe script decides what to do.
Pipe passes back message to Exim to do deliveries, with some indication
that the system filter must be bypassed. Setting a magic "protocol"
value is one way of doing this.

Alternatively: set up a director that detects the recipients you want to
delete, and directs the message to /dev/null.