Re: [EXIM] how to remove "Envelope-to:"

Author: Daniel Smith
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] how to remove "Envelope-to:"
Hi,

> > > The deliver process for both Cyrus and Execmail gets confused by this.
> >
> > What are these Cyrus and Execmail?
>
> Cyrus is an IMAP and POP server that works in "black-box" mode.

Execmail is a commercial variant of Cyrus (http://www.execmail.com for details
- no advertisements :-)

<slightly off-topic>

> You can use it on a system without creating users in
> /etc/passwd (I think).

The execmail system does not refer to /etc/passwd. It has its own auth db
system which can be changed (we connect to an imapd over SSL via stunnel and
then do authentication to NDS - code available if anyone wants). I don't know
how authentication works with Cyrus - anyone running this one?

</slightly off-topic>

Cheers,

Daniel.

Daniel Smith            Senior Systems Software Programmer
University of Cape Town       Systems Administrator