Re: [EXIM] Bounce deliveries

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Paul Mansfield
A: Gary Palmer
Cc: Exim users mailing list
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Bounce deliveries

On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Feb 1999, Gary Palmer wrote:
> > its just a relay box), and have noticed that locally generated bounce messages
> > stay in the queue. After forcing a queue run manually with -v to watch it, it
> > seems that the remote MTA is giving 5xx series errors. Exim leaves these
> > messsages in the queue (frozen I believe). Its this because there is no LDA
> If the remote MTA is giving 5xx errors, then the incoming message which
> caused the bounce had an invalid sender address. This is very common
> with spam, sadly. There isn't much you can do about it, though you can
> set ignore_errmsg_errors[_after] to cause them to get thrown away [after
> a time].

Philips makes a good point; have you turned on sender_verify_reject,
sender_verify, and sender_verify_fixup, Gary? Can you at least forward mail to
postmaster (got an alias somewhere)? How about auto_thaw ("auto_thaw = 1d") to
thaw out all mail and retry it daily.

If you haven't any/all of these options, it means you can end up with a lot
more junk in your mail queue than otherwise, and then you can't bounce it
easily.

Another useful option is log_refused_recipients, to see if somehow YOU are in
people's spam filters.

If you want to be really fascist in stopping people connecting to you, turn on
helo_verify, but be careful to RTFM on this option first!

Paul
----
# You can wait for a bus-error all day and then three come along all at once #
# registered linux user 112301 - http://counter.li.org