Re: [EXIM] How to remove string in subject?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Frederick Page
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] How to remove string in subject?
Hi Philip Hazel,

you wrote on Sat, Feb 27, 1999 at 09:11:09PM +0000:

>You can, of course, deliver via procmail from Exim. Then you can change
>things in the message, but you cannot do a true forward. You have to
>submit a new message, which will have a different sender.

I'd rather take a raincheck on modifying messages :-)

>Those comments apply to ordinary users. Since you replaced sendmail with
>Exim, you must be the admin of your machine.

I am, it's a Debian single dial-up workstation, no big Unix-host.

>Another thing you could
>arrange is a transport filter on your appendfile transport. This *is* a
>case where the message is on the standard input and gets copied to the
>standard output, so you could use sed. Check out the transport_filter
>option.

Wow! Thanks for this great piece of information. I still have to learn
a lot about Exim :-)

Kind regards

Frederick

--
What is the difference between a politician and a catfish?
One is a bottom-feeding scum-sucker and the other is a fish.