[EXIM] Exim 'reference site' <fwd>

Author: Robert Franklin
To: EXIM users
Subject: [EXIM] Exim 'reference site' <fwd>
Hi,

We're in the process of replacing our mail system and Exim is very high
(if not at the top) of our list of replacement systems.

We were wondering if there was a site with a similar structure and size
(in terms of email) to us which could let us know of their experiences
with Exim in this role.

We manage mail for about 20,000 users and have about 500 lists (currently
served by Majordomo and Hypermail). The bulk of users have their mail
delivered to a local mailbox and access it with IMAP or POP. There are,
however, 30 subdomains which we forward mail on to specific servers for.

(The hardware is a large Sun with RAID disk, which I think is more than
up to the job...)

We're currently using the PP MMTA but do not require the X400 support any
longer.

We've been working on the Exim configuration and so on, so we're not after
help with that (at the moment, anyway!); we're really just after
information and experiences from people using Exim in this kind of role
(where it's being used on a machine where most mail is delivered locally).

If you could help, please mail me back at R.C.Franklin@???.

Thanks for your help,

- Bob

  The Day Today             ... because FACT times IMPORTANCE equals NEWS!
  Bob "Mince" Franklin ~{]                            Tel. (0118) 931 8432
  Systems and Communications                          Fax. (0118) 975 3094
  IT Services                                   R.C.Franklin@???
  University of Reading, U.K.              http://www.rdg.ac.uk/~suq96rcf/

--- End Forwarded Message ---

  The Day Today             ... because FACT times IMPORTANCE equals NEWS!
  Bob "Mince" Franklin ~{], CNE ;), MCSE ;)           Tel. (0118) 931 8432
  University of Reading, U.K.          http://www.reading.ac.uk/~suq96rcf/