[EXIM] Mail Solutions - Survey

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Nigel Cass
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [EXIM] Mail Solutions - Survey
Hi all.

Currently at this university we have two Unix mailhubs running Exim. All
mail comes into the institution via those two boxes. Mail is then shunted
on to one of a number of Netware servers (all v4.11) running the latest
version of Mercury by David Harris.

For some time we have been experiencing problems where Mercury
actually rejects valid email addresses with a 550 response. Obviously this
is a major problem, especially as we are unable to predict when it will
happen. Although we're almost sure it's down to periodic NDS connectivity
problems, we can't get it to not fail hard with a 550.

I'm investigating the possibility of moving away from this solution and
moving towards implementing large university wide mail servers where all
mail is received and all users will have a mailbox there. Staff and
Students can then obviously use an email client supporting pop and or imap
to get to their mail.

I would like to ask what email solutions you all use. In particular I'd
like to hear if anyone is having similar problems with Netware/Mercury
servers. I am also keen to have peoples experience and opinions of running
a solution where all mail is stored on a central mail server(s) -
particularly with regard to cpu, memory and disk needed.

I will summarise all the replies I get to the list if people are
agreeable....

TYIA

Nigel.
Nigel Cass