[EXIM] Proposed Exim course - survey

Author: Philip Hazel
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] Proposed Exim course - survey
Of interest to Exim users in and near the UK:

(Please forward to those not on exim-users who might be interested.)

One-day Exim Course
-------------------

It has been suggested that I run a one-day course on Exim at Cambridge.
We (my colleagues and I) are trying to determine the feasibility of
this, and would like some feedback on the number of people who might
come to such a course. If accommodation is offered, it has to be booked
up fairly soon.

The course would be lunchtime-to-lunchtime, and possible dates are in
the second half of September. I would expect to talk about Exim design
and philosophy, and then cover some detail about the way it works and is
configured. I do also have general, non-Exim-specific, material about
Internet mail, but feel that might be too elementary.

The possible costs of such a course are estimated thus:

                                            Academic      Non-academic

 - Course + college accommodation +  3 meals  £160           £200
 - Course only (no accommodation)              £80           £120

The three meals would either be lunch-dinner-breakfast, or
dinner-breakfast-lunch (to be determined).

As this would be an educational, non-profitmaking course, we understand
that participants would not have to pay VAT.

I would be grateful if people who might come on such a course would let
me know as soon as possible so we can decide whether to proceed or not.
If you have any specific preference - e.g. with/without accommodation,
which meals - four meals could be provided, at extra cost - please say
so.

Also, if you have any comments on the specific topics you would like to
be included in such a course, I would be interested to hear them.