Re: [EXIM] creating message archive

Author: Philip Hazel
To: caa
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] creating message archive
On Sun, 21 Feb 1999 caa@??? wrote:

> there are about 5 email addresses (sales, webmaster, support, etc) that we use in the company for company related corespondence. is there any way to keep a log or an archive of all the messages that goes both in and out when using those email address

ess ?
> any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

You could use a system filter, along the lines of

  if
    first_delivery and <tests for appropriate addresses>
  then
    unseen save
      /mail/archive/${substr_0_10:$tod_log}
  endif

That would create a new file for each day. However, in order to use
this, you will need to set message_filter_file_transport to point to an
appropriate transport which includes a setting of "user" to specify
which uid to run the saving under.