[EXIM] Cancelled Users etc.

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Reginald Muchsel
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: [EXIM] Cancelled Users etc.
Thanks a lot to Phil Hazel (and the wonderful documentation) who pointed out
how they handle mail to cancelled users at Cambridge.
Basically, it is

cancelleduser_pipe:
driver = pipe
command = "/usr/local/exim/bin/iris_local/cancelleduser.sh $local_part"
ignore_status
return_output

and a

cancelled_users:
driver = localuser
transport = cancelleduser_pipe
# transport = bounce
fail_verify
match_directory = ^\/home.\/locked\/*

where the match_directory finds out that this user is cancelled or locked.
Therer is but one problem remaining: THIS ALL WOULD WORK WELL, but ONLY IF the
directory of the locked user can be "chdir to" by exim.

Otherwise, the mainlog says:
1999-02-16 10:25:17 10Cgkm-00042h-00 == cbutsch@???
T=cancelleduser_pipe defer (13): Permission denied: failed to chdir to
/home5/locked/bis/cbutsch

Now, I don't want to have the "locked user-directory" (above cbutsch) rx by
exim or any other user-id except root.
If it is defered because of the above error, the sender has to wait for the
full time of the retry configuration, before he is notified. There is no
special retry rule for this case as far as I know.

How can I have the message immediately bounced backed even with this
"Permission denied"?

Sincerely, Reginald

--
* Dr.Reginald E. Muchsel        Phone:  +49-7531-88-2643         *