[EXIM] Odd request

Author: Bruce Bowler
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] Odd request
We're running exim 1.92 (I know I should upgrade but there's so little
time...) on OSF/1 V3.0 (I told you I know I should upgrade :-) on most of
our systems here but we have one system running VMS. There are a few
people who originally had accounts on that system who now have been moved
to the "main" system. Some of their mail still comes addressed to the VMS
system as, for example bbowler@???. On the VMS system, I've
got things set to forward their mail to bbowler@???.

What I'd like to do in exim (as there's no mechanism on the VMS side) is if
a message is received from vms.bigelow.org, I'd like to send a message back
to the person who sent the message saying something along the lines of -

    The user you addressed as bbowler@??? should now be
    addressed as bbowler@???.  Your message has been delivered
    but to ensure that all future messages are delivered, please update
    your address book to reflect this change.

I'd be happiest if the message came from "postmaster" but if it has to come
from the recipient, that's OK too. I also don't necessarily want to
bombard them with this message everytime they send a message (although that
would probably "encourage" them to change their address books) but rather
maybe, ala vacation, just once a week.

Most of the motivation for this is that I know in 6 months that system
isn't going to be there anymore and if I ask the users to do it, they wont.

Any thoughts either on how to accomplish what I want and/or pointers on
where to look in the documentation?

TIA,
Bruce

Bruce Bowler                             207.633.9600 (voice)
Research Associate                       207.633.9641 (fax)
Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences    bbowler@???
West Boothbay Harbor ME  04575           http://www.bigelow.org/